the puppies are here

ONLY 2 FEMALES LEFT!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Puppies!!



 


Saydee surprised us by having her puppies 5 days early. I had noticed a few signs of labor like nesting, the pups moving down into her pelvis and a bit of discharge. I even thought to move her kennel to my room before going to bed Sunday night. But she wasn't breathing heavy and I still believed I had a day or 2 at least before they were born. 
At about 5:AM on Monday the 5th I woke up and needed to use the restroom. As I groggily stumbled through the motions I had a thought enter my mind to go check on Saydee. I almost fell back into bed, but had a second thought to not ignore the voice. As I turned a corner down the stairs the tiny high pitched screams of a new born puppy rang in my ears. I quickly ran down to the closet under the stairs where the kennel is kept. I was met with a very confused and worried mama dog and one chilly and hollering puppy. I quickly let Saydee out of the pen and lifted her sleeping cushion to make sure there was only one puppy. I then moved the mama and pup to the Laundry room until I could get the swimming pool set up. My original plan was to set it up in the garage with a space heater. With the babies coming early there was no way to warm the garage up enough. The pool was to big for my laundry room so in the Living room it went!! Oh boy! Much better than television. 
For the next 7 hours we were able to witness the miracle of birth. Saydee did an amazing job as a first time mama and knew exactly what to do. There were 7 puppies born total, but sadly we lost #6 (stillborn).
We feel very blessed to have 6 beautiful, healthy puppies. 3 girls and 3 boys. 
Stay tuned for updates!










Little Angels 

No comments:

Post a Comment